Mid Town Musings: November-December 2015
During this month, clubs are urged to develop at least one club program to the Foundation. (RCP 8.020.) (MOP 2013) November is the time to celebrate the wonderful work of The Rotary Foundation. It’s a good time to reflect on the Rotary Foundation sponsored programs we support and on how each of us can contribute to make sure these programs continue.
Challenge all of your members to be an EREY (Every Rotarian, Every Year) member.
- Honour TRF contributors of the club (PHF/MPHF/Major Donor, Etc)
- Talk about Rotary Foundation/TRF alumni.
- Participate in District Foundation Seminar.
- Contribution to TRF through Ever y Rotarian, Every Year (EREY). A donation of $100 to the Rotary Foundation’s Annual Programs Fund can save the lives of 50 to 100 children. A donation of $1,000 can save the lives of 500 to 1,000 children.
- The Rotary Foundation also improves world understanding with Ambassadorial Scholarships and Cultural Exchange Programs.
- In addition, we make a big difference in Peace and Conflict Resolution through Rotary Peace Centers that educate Rotary Peace Fellows to become future leaders around the world.
Keep in mind that our own Rotary Clubs are representatives of the Rotary Foundation in our home communities, so all Rotarians are part of the Rotary Foundation.