The Rotary Club of Bombay Mid-Town in association with Saifee Hospital, Mumbai and the Rotary Club Arusha Mount Meru (RI Dist 9211) organised the 3rd International Free Medical Camp in East Africa – a free eye cataract surgery and orthopaedic camp for the economically weak and deserving from all walks of life in Arusha, Tanzania from 10th to 12th March 2017.
This camp aptly named Project Good Health was represented by:
1. Rtn Dr. Deepak Garg, Hon. Sec – Rotary Club of Bombay Mid-Town & renowned Ophthalmic Surgeon
2. Rtn Abuzar N. Zakir, Chairman, Medical Camps – Rotary Club of Bombay Mid-Town
3. Dr. Mustafa Parekh, renowned Ophthalmic Surgeon from Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
4. Dr. Huzefa Dhansura, renowned Ophthalmic Surgeon from Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
5. Dr. Yusuf Bagasrawala, renowned Orthopaedic Surgeon from Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
This camp was held at the premises of Hindu Mandal Hospital in Arusha and nearly about 1535 patients were screened and checked, plus 53 eye cataract surgeries and four excision biopsies of small tumours were conducted free of charge.
The camp received an overwhelming response.
Patients, mainly from rural parts of Tanzania, who